Monday, February 6, 2017

Winter Pocket Letters



 At the beginning of January I had asked on facebook if anyone wanted to trade winter pocket letters, three people responded. Here's what I've made and sent out:
 
 I wanted to use this red snowflake paper as the background, and just added more red to it. I didn't want to do red and green because that makes me think of Christmas.
I used some plaid washi for the side that I got at the Target Dollar Spot. The tag is also from Target I just added a felt bird I got at Hobby Lobby
The first row I went with a cardinal theme, the stickers were all clear stickers, so I put them on white cardstock and stuck them on the cards. I also added some red bling to the bottom.
The second row is vintage looking pictures of snowmen.
The third row is foxes all dressed up for winter. I also added some snowflakes to the cards.
Here's the back:
I added some more vintage images, some red cord someone else sent me, that's my note on a tag, some chocolate, Christmas/snow stamps, washi, erasers, felt owl ornament and a snowflake pin.
My second one:
 I like the blue and white theme, I also wanted to use this paper as the background. The background papers are from an all occasion paper pack I got at Hobby Lobby.
The first row is penguins and snowflakes.
The second row, I added a wooden snowflake and snowflake stickers. I also added the letters for "let it snow" on top of the pockets.
The third row has a snowman I cut out of a card and some snowflakes.
I used shiny blue washi tape from the Dollar Tree on the side.
Here's the back:
Some vintage looking snowman images, stickers, washi tape, wooden snowflakes, chocolate, blue sequins, erasers. I didn't have anything in the last pocket because the snowman is on the outside of the pockets and he closes the last pocket.
My third one:
I really like this one, especially that blue and white theme. I made this one up just from the inspiration of that sticker in the second row.
I chose this background paper with the snowmen on it and just added snowmen and snowflakes to it.
First, third, seventh and ninth pockets are all about the same. On the first row I used shiny washi tape from the Dollar Tree, added some wood veneer snowflakes with a jewel in the middle. The last row I used sparkly washi from the Dollar Tree. The two snowmen pockets have the opposite blue washi than the outside pockets. The snowman on the first row is something I made awhile ago. It's a piece of matboard with Ultra Thick Embossing Powder and white embossing powder and then I stamped a snowman in it while it was warm. In the last row, I just used a tag from the Target dollar spot, I added a snowflake sticker to cover the hole from the ribbon on his hat.
The second row, I just used that sticker on top of the pockets and added snowflake stickers to the pocket papers.
The washi on the side I got from a swap, I added snowflake gems on top of it.
Here's what I've received in return:
 It came a little mixed up in the mail, so I put it back together the best I could.
Here's the goodies:
And the second one:
 I think it's really cute.
And the goodies:
Here's the third one:

No comments: