Friday, February 10, 2017

Valentine's Day Card

On one of my facebook groups, I signed up to swap Valentine's Day cards. Actually I meant to sign up, after the partners went up they needed another person, so I volunteered. I was originally going to go with non traditional colors, as I found a black and white heart sticker and had a plan (right before I went to bed), but I didn't sketch it out when I had it, and forgot.
Here's what I made:
 I like how it turned out. The hearts are actually the faux leather hearts from the tags at Target Dollar spot, I just strung them on some twine and glued them down. The trim I picked up at a garage sale last summer. The 'love' piece is just a piece of acetate I got it in an ArtC collage kit, I thought it was a sticker.
My partner was Liz W. here's what she sent me:
I had commented on one of her photos of die cuts that I loved the 'octopus' I was really excited to get a card with it. I also love the other die cuts she included, I didn't realize that 'thank you' one was sideways and just hanging out there. I really like the banner she included, too.

I don't want a die cutting machine, but I love it when people send me diecuts and things made with them.

No comments: