Friday, February 10, 2017

ELF Valentine Swap

It's time for another ELF Swap, this time the theme is Valentine's Day. We had to include:
a pocket letter, flip book or loaded envelope,
a handmade card,
2 handmade tags,
4 handmade embellishments
5 samples of washi at least 18" long
1-2 extra things.
I admit, I did a horrible job of taking pictures this time.
I was originally going to do a loaded envelope, but found this gorgeous vintage looking paper at Hobby Lobby and went for a flip book instead. I'm not sure why I always do the flip book, I have a hard time deciding how to decorate it, I'll probably do a pocket letter for the next swap.
Here's what I made:
 Like I said the background paper is from Hobby Lobby, the floral washi is also from Hobby Lobby. I picked up the heart doilies at JoAnn's. The letters are foam and they came in a bag with green and white foam letters that I picked up at an after Christmas sale at Hobby Lobby.
When you open it:
 The left side:
 I decided to affix my washi samples inside. I did florals on one card, they are actually wrapped around some Valentines. The card on the right I was gifted in a loaded bag swap, I used a mask and filled in the heart with red ink. The red floral washi was gifted to me in my January random rak swap, the "Love you" washi was gifted to me in my last ELF swap.
When you flip these two cards up:
 I have another card of washi. I try to pick rolls that I have a lot of. The card on the right is from one of my Project Life kits.
The page on the right:
 The rose card is from a mini project life kit, the other card is a pocket card from the paper studio. The trim on the bottom is velvet.
When you flip these open:
 This is a vintage Valentine.
When you flip this side open:
 The middle page:
 I made a pocket and put these felt hearts from Hobby Lobby on it. Inside this pocket:
The envelope is from my stash, the die cut someone gave me, I just stamped the jar of flowers on it, and added a tag from Hobby Lobby to it. I have this little doily like doll that I added a felt heart sticker to. This is one of my tags, I glued dictionary paper to a tag, stamped a rose on it and water colored the rose.
The cards are from the pocket below.
 This pocket.
When you close the flip book:
 
I got this card in a loaded bag.
Here are the embellishments I made:
The banner in the background is from Target, I made the top banner by gluing this piece of packaging to a pink piece of paper. The next one is a felt heart sticker with a vellum sticker and a word sticker on the top, the other heart is the same thing. My partner said she liked altered paperclips, so I included this one I made from lace.
Apparently I forgot to take pictures of the handmade card, and the 1-2 extras. I remember throwing quite a few pieces of candy and sweets in the box.
My partner was Beth P on YouTube
Here's what I received from my partner:
 I told her I don't have a Micheal's near me and love their new paper line, so she must have picked up the mermaid paper pack. It looks like she created a loaded envelope with the papers, plus she included some cut aparts and created her card out of it. I love the giant wand she made me, that is a normal sized cup right next to it, so you can see it's quite big. There's also a stuffed heart in there.
Here's what was in the envelope:
 Her handmade tags, washi samples, some sheets of stickers, Valentine pencils, paperclips made with foam heart stickers and the mermaid paper on the back, foam heart stickers, a wooden tag, and some heart paperclips.
There was also chocolate:
Every time someone makes me a loaded envelope, I can't put it away. I've been putting them back together and sticking them in a box so I can look at them every so often.
I love what my partner made/put in the swap for me.

No comments: