Thursday, December 29, 2016

Birthday Card

My friend's birthday was on Tuesday, so I made her a flipbook type card:
Here's the front:
 Her favorite color is green, I added some blue in there as well. I had picked up some card blanks at Target, but they turned out to be just a single card, not cardstock folded in half, it was a little weird and I'm sure it wasn't supposed to be that way, but I made it work. So, I just went through my paper and picked out blue, green and blue/green papers to use and added them to the cards and then taped them together to create a flipbook.
The front is chevron with a green diecut I got in a swap, I just distressed it with some green ink from Stampin Up, I added a mother of pearl button and a green button to the middle. I also added this washi from Hobby Lobby. It doesn't show up very well in the picture but it's actually gold foiled, it says "life is an adventure" it came in a pack with some globe washi.
When you flip it up:
 Close-up of top:
 This kind of a paisley/flowered print. I added this banner sticker from Dollar Tree, and stamped some worms and colored them in.
Close-up of the bottom:
 These are project life cards that I cut down to fit.
When you flip them open:
Close-up of left card:
 
 I just added a panda sticker and wrote Hello
Close-up of middle:
The cake image is from a book, I just added stickers to the bottom.
Close-up of right page:
 I just added this cute sticker to it, it says "Live in wonder and find beauty in the everyday"
When you flip this card down:
 Close-up of middle piece:
 I just added some balloon stickers from Dollar Tree, along with alphas to spell out "Make a wish" and some birthday washi to the bottom.
Close-up of bottom page:
 I just added another project life card cut down and some of those bubble/enamel dots from Dollar Tree
When you flip this one down:
 Close up of third page:
 I actually had a really hard time with this one. I had a different card here and could not make it work, so I took some white cardstock, crumpled it up and distressed it with two shades of green and a shade of blue ink. I used some washi to make banners and added this card.
Close up of last page:
 I created an envelope using one of the papers and put a coloring page in it. I added the ribbon to cover too much tape and a cute fairy cat sticker.
This is the back:
Pretty plain, I just signed it under the stamp.

I had so much fun making this, I hope she liked it.

No comments: