Saturday, April 21, 2018

Uplifting explosion box

I found this cute little book at the bookstore in January, and thought it would work great on an explosion box.
And here's the box I created with it:
This is going to be a long post. Outside:
 I used a sheet of clear stickers (Dollar Tree), layered them on white cardstock and popped them up with foam tape for all the lids. I chose some inspirational washi tape for the lid sides.
 Basically, I just cut the pages down so they would fit the box, the book was about 4.5" square.


 Inside:


 This one I used a rose paper as the background.
 This one has a pink patterned paper for the background.
 This has another of the rose paper.
 Lid of second box.



 Inside of second box:

 This one has blue paper layered.

 Again with the blue paper.
 Lid of third box:



 This page has the sunflower, it looked so sad and empty when I just cut the quote down, so I added it back.
 Inside third box:





I think it's a but busy with the quotes on the outsides of the box and the insides. As you can see in the pictures the quotes on the outsides of the box are hard to read when the lid is on the box. I'd love to peel them off and make another box, but I don't think they'd survive. I'd planned to put something encouraging in the middle box and put it on my desk at work, so when I have a bad day, I can just look at it, but it hasn't made it there yet.

No comments: