Saturday, April 14, 2018

Embellishment box

A lot of my facebook groups are doing these embellishment box swaps where you get this box, fill it up with embellishments, decorate the box and send it to a partner. I can't find the box that they require, but I did find a smaller one and was planning to create one for someone. One of the groups has a wish post where we fulfill other people's wishes and one person said she was bummed she missed the embellishment box swap, so I made one for her:
 This box is smaller than the other boxes which is why I didn't sign up for any of the swaps. I've also decided I'm not going to buy stuff to do swaps. I have way too much stuff and I'm not buying more just to participate in a swap. I've noticed some people make some of the embellishments they include and sometimes they just put in things to make embellishments, that's what I did.
I filled it up with buttons, beads, enamel dots, punches, wood veneer pieces, some confetti, some resin pieces, some sequins and some charms.
Here's the top of the box:
 I covered the top with this pretty floral paper, added the blue flower and these two rosettes I got in a swap. I also added the lady's name in some alphabet stickers.
The side:
I used two different laces on the side because it was wider in some points and slimmer on the front where the clasps were.
Here's how I packaged it up:
she also wanted lace and washi, so I included some of that. I made the card with a card blank from Hobby Lobby, some vintage lace, a die cut and a chip board sticker.

No comments: