Friday, October 21, 2016

Pocket bag swap

On one of my facebook groups, there was a pocket bag swap. I signed up for it, my partner didn't want to do a theme, which usually makes it harder for me, but I got it done really quickly. I actually misread the mail by date and when I realized it was actually on a Monday and not a Friday, I had to hurry up and create.
First I started altering paperclips:
 And it is so addicting. The bird and pineapple are actually felt pieces that were pics from Hobby Lobby. The oval ones are vintage trim. The Frankenstein is just some felt stickers.
Here's what I created for my partner:
 
 The background is from a mystery 12x12 pack I picked up from Hobby Lobby. The bottom piece is from a DCWV pack I had from awhile ago. It actually says Beautiful, it wraps around to the back. I glued some vintage lace and then trim on top. I also added a Paper Studio card stack quote on the top and some more trim.
I stuffed it with a mini notebook, a few journaling cards, some tea, some stickers and other stuff.
Here's the back:
The butterfly is up on pop dots, so it's a little layered. I added another quote here and lace.
Here you can see a card of washi samples and the tea I put in it.
Yesterday when I got home there was a note from the post office saying I had a package that was postage due, I paid and picked it up today and this is what my partner sent me:
 It's interesting. I've never seen this kind of pocket bag swap. It's a lot of plastic bags stuffed with items and taped together. This top one has a tag, a PL insert, and a journaling card.
 In the back of the first bag was a shaker tag. In the second one is a journaling card and some punch outs.
 In the back of the second one is a sheet of sticker labels. In the third bag is a handmade embellishment.
 In the fourth bag is another handmade embellishment and some decorative paper.
 The next one had a butterfly sticker on the bag, some decorative paper and some journaling cards in it.
 On the next bag were some stickers.
 The next bag had a handmade tag on it with journaling cards in it.
 Some decorative paper.
And another journaling card.

No comments: