Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Halloween Flip book

Remember that great tissue paper my last granted wish was wrapped in? I used glued it to paper for part of a flip book and a pocket letter. I fulfilled someone's wish for a flip book. She liked fall and Halloween, so I put a little of both in it. We'll get to the pocket letter later, here is the flip book:
 I glued a tissue paper leaf to the paper and painted it with copper paint to stand out from the background. I also cut up a journaling card and staggered the words across the top of the book. Apparently the glue stick I used to stick down the leaf left a little sticky residue, so I added the brown ribbon to the bottom.
When you flip this page to the right:
You see the above spread.
Close-up of left page: 
I bought a paper pack that had basically all the seasons and big holidays in it awhile ago, so I didn't have to go back and buy seasonal paper. Most of the paper in this flip book is from that pack. I started out this page with the owl sticker at the top,  it's from Dollar Tree. I added the witch sticker to the bottom and got stuck, it's from Micheal's. I eventually added the black jewels (from Target) to the bottom, the eye stickers (from my pocket bag swap) and the words "Happy Halloween" (letter stickers from my stash) to the page.
Close-up of page on right:
Again, I don't have a picture of the finished page. You can always click on the two page spread above and look at that closer. This background is actually from a mystery paper pack I picked up at Hobby Lobby. The pocket is made from a paper I had in my stash. The owl ribbon is from JoAnn's. I added some stickers to create a fall theme, and the words "Give thanks"
When you flip this page to the right, you see this spread:
 Close-up of middle page:
I had a heck of a time getting this page done. The monsters at the bottom are actually notebook covers from Target. The "Trick or Treat" is from a page of that big paper pack. I added yellow toned jewels to the top, as well as some bat stickers.
Close-up of right page:
The paper tape at the bottom is from Dollar Tree. The letters are from a sticker pack from Walmart, I'm not sure where I got the gold letters. The journaling spot is a sticker from my stash. I'll admit I don't really like pumpkin spice everything (I actually don't really like pumpkin spice anything), but I needed something else to fill up the space.
When you flip this page back to the left, and then open it, you see this:
 Close-up of left page:
 I made a pocket with some copper paper from my stash. The lace washi is from my stash. The sequins and jewels were from my stash as well. The skull is from a Tim Holtz Halloween ephemera pack I bought at Micheals, as are the mummy stickers on the top. The mummy stickers are actually still attached to their background, in case she wanted to use them. The jeweled cat is from my recent pocket bag swap.
Close-up of right page:
 The monster sticker is from my recent pocket bag swap. The letters were from my stash and the journaling spot is actually a project life card. I had a hard time filling that up.
Back page:
I added some leaf ribbon and a Handmade image. The stamp I used for the handmade image is actually from a set at Target, I was not very happy with it.

I've learned why I don't make holiday/season specific crafts. I'm just not good at it. I actually bought a bunch of Halloween stuff, so I'd have some for my swaps. I'll not be doing that in the future. Since I discovered YouTube and have been sucked into watching people's videos, not only have I spent a lot more money than usual, but I've also given in to buying seasonal things. I've really noticed it with the Halloween stuff, normally I don't do Halloween things. This year I've done only about 3 or 4, but for me that's a lot.
I'm much better at themes that aren't season/holiday specific.

No comments: