Thursday, June 28, 2018

Lollipop Box kits

I've been getting the Lollipop Box subscription box for about a year now, and I rarely use anything in it. I just open it, take pictures and put it away.
Last Sunday, I thought it was high time I started using it. So, I got them out, month by month and started altering a notebook. I wanted to do a tag flip like I've been seeing people make, but I don't have a lot of tags, and some of the papers weren't all that thick. I made a page for every paper I had. Mostly everything is from the boxes.
August:
 This one had a DIY of a felt bow paperclip, so I used the felt for the base of the pineapple, some green paper from March 2018 kit for the leaves. The banner is stickers from the kit, the large piece was a cut out from the kit. I keep thinking I should add something to the middle of the pineapple.
 This one, I cut out the postcard that we get and glued down the starfish wood pieces at the top.
 This one has a scrap of paper from the previous page with a tag and a bow.
 This one I cut apart the other postcard, the larger circle suns are from from the cut out page. I stamped the small sun and outlined it.
September:
 The kit originally came with a frame, but I used it for something else, so I took a journaling card and covered it with one of the bags from the kit. The photo is from my stash. The cameras were stickers in the kit.
 The filmstrip stamp is in the kit. I had these girls laying around so I stuck them in it. The speech bubbles are stickers from the kit. I'm not really liking them at the bottom. I may or may not change that.
 The squares are actually plasticy tags from the kit I cut down. The hearts are from the cut out sheet. The washi is from the May 2018 kit.
 The notes is a note pad sheet. The red polka dot pieces are washi stickers. The quote was in my stash.
 I cut out the camera from the post card, used the last washi sticker and another word phrase.
October:
 The banner is cut from the cut out sheet, I layered it on some twine from the kit, but sadly you can't see it. The pie was from a card someone gave me. The washi at the bottom is from the April 2018 kit, the burlap looking paper was from the card with the pie, the 'i love pie' was from the kit.
 I covered up my name on the tag with a banner sticker, and just added leaf stickers around it and a pumpkin sticker.
 The hearts at the bottom are from tags. The large heart was a template for a DIY in the kit, so I just covered it with one of the bags from the kit.
 This is cut from the postcard in the kit.
 One of those tags the hearts came out of, some wood buttons, a sticker another tag and another word phrase.
I also used some of the cut outs to make paperclips.
I only made it through October, I planned to keep going, and will sometime in the future, but life got in the way.

No comments: