Tuesday, May 1, 2018

This and That

I signed up for a swap in one of my groups where we had to pick 5 things from a list and send them to a partners. I love these kind of swaps, they stretch my creativity.
Here's the list:
1. Five pieces of 18 inches of lace
2. Four handmade paper bows
3. Four handmade paper flowers
4. Four inchies
5. Three altered tickets
6. Three embellished paperclips
7. Three altered clothespins
8. One altered key
9. Five altered mini tags (measuring 1x2)
10. Five pieces of 18 inch bling ribbon
11. Four embellished polaroid frames
12. Two ATCs

I chose to do five pieces of 18 inches of lace, four inchies, three altered tickets, three embellished paperclips, and two ATCs for one partner:
 For my other partner, I chose five pieces of 18 inches of lace, four inchies, three embellished paper clips, five altered mini tags and two ATCs
 Here are some close-ups on what I made:
Inchies:
 This is the second time I've done inchies (a square inch of paper decorated/altered), I don't really like them, they are a bit too small for me. I didn't do much with them. Basically I added a wooden butterfly button, a plastic bow piece, a gold square button, a flower sticker, a metal filigree piece and a pink flower piece, a chipboard sparkly heart sticker. The last one on the top row and the first one on the second row, I added these tiny heart punches and then added a silver button and gem and a butterfly sequin. The one at the bottom hanging out by itself I kept for me, it has a sparkly pink chipboard sticker and a 'love' charm piece.
Three altered tickets:
 I had these pink tickets in my stash, I just added some leaf diecuts and and other stickers. The first one has the diecut (swap), an 'enjoy' sticker (Dollar Tree), a flower sticker (Target) and a ladybug sticker (swap). The second one has a leaf sticker (Target), a picnic sticker (Dollar Tree), some purple flower gems (swap) and a border strip (Walmart). The last one has a leaf die cut (swap), a flower sticker (swap) and a butterfly gem (swap).
These were fun, I wish I had a strip of them, I wanted to stamp a bit, but it wouldn't have been as cool.
Five altered mini tags:
 I'll admit they're not exactly tags because I don't have a tiny hole punch, but they're tag shaped, apparently that works.
I used some words on the bottom of all of them. First one has sweet (swap) and an ice cream sticker (Walmart). Love (swap) and a chipboard heart sticker (Target). Home (swap) and a house (swap). Fun (swap), some epoxy bird stickers (garage sale) and a lady bug sticker (swap). Grow (swap) and a flower sticker (Target). I tried to make the embellishment go with the word I put on each one.
ATCs:
I had the flower and cloud background papers (Walmart) on my desk from something else, so I decided to use them. The first one has some flower stickers (Dollar Tree) and a word piece (Walmart). Second one has a hot air balloon (Dollar Tree). Third has a word sticker (Hobby Lobby) layered on some pink paper (my stash) with some chipboard star stickers (Target). Fourth has some lady bug stickers (swap) with an Eiffel tower chipboard sticker (Target) and a word piece (Walmart).
Here's what I got in return:
 This one didn't exactly follow the rules of the swap, she picked paper bow, inchies, ribbon/lace, and ATCs but instead of something else, she added her own (twinchies) and a card. It's all nice, don't get me wrong, but why sign up for a swap, if you're not going to follow the rules?
Second partner:
I love the shabby chic-ness of everything, especially that mask paperclip.

No comments: