Monday, May 14, 2018

Flipbook tag

In my new group, they have a few that I can actually make things for. One of them was a flip book. The person I'm sending too likes vintage, so I went with a vintage theme. I had cut down a bunch of 12x12s from the Newsworthy paper pad (Hobby Lobby) for a granted wish of vintage paper, so I had a lot of scraps. I also have a lot of 3x5 notecards laying around, so I just covered them with the scraps.
Here it is all closed up:
 I used some white with gold polka dot washi as the binding. I tied some twine around it and put a binder clip on the top to close it.
First flip:
 Close-ups:
 I wrapped the cards with the same paper on the front as the back. This one had the New York building that I used as the front and this bus scene with not much on the bottom, so I added these roses.
 This page was pretty boring, so I added the burlap and a vintage photo framed on some blue paper.
Second flip:
 Close-ups:
 This one I framed this Bingo clip art on some pink paper, added the blue piece with a sticker on the bottom.
 I added a vellum pocket that I covered with more paper from the pack. I included some tags from another vintage flipbook. I added the boy scout pieces from a vintage card that was in some donations at my work.
Last flip:
 Close-ups:
 These sticky notes were in another swap, I thought they worked great for the group. They are one some plastic that I just attached with double stick tape.
 This bottom piece I added this photo strip.
It flips open:
 to reveal a pocket holding stickers with some washi on top.
Here are the goodies, minus that paper clip, it didn't work out in the end.
 The tags are from another swap as are the flower stickers, the vintage stickers are from a Peachy Cheap grab bag. I altered the binder clip with some book washi.\
The back:
 I didn't do any decorating.
I think it turned out massive cute. I've learned through the years I like smaller canvas'.
Here's what I received:
 First flip:
 Second flip:
She said it was her 2nd ever made.

No comments: