Thursday, June 9, 2016

Birthday Flip Book for my Mother

One of the FB groups I'm a member of recently had a Project Life flip book swap. I didn't get to participate, but after looking at their pictures, I was inspired to make one for my mother. I recently got a great deal on Project Life cards (go here), and I've been wondering what to do with them. 
I decided to create a Birthday flip book for my mother. Here's the front:
 The card said Remember this moment. I covered up the "this moment" with some washi I got in a PL, the 'happiness' sticker is from an old sticker sheet. I created the embellishment at the bottom by cutting some flags out of scraps, adding a button and a word sticker. I also added some vintage lace.
When you flip that one up:
 close-ups:
 The top on I layered the quote cut from another card on some white cardstock and some leftover scraps from another one.
This one is layered on another card, I liked this quote but didn't want to cut it out. I added some pink washi and cupcake ribbon.
When you flip this one down:
 Close-ups:
I had bought this 'thinking of you' piece at a garage sale. I added it to a piece of brown cardstock and added some pink striped washi on it.
 This heart was from a swap in another of my FB groups, I added washi to the top that says 'enjoy today!' on it.
When you flip the thinking of you one to the left:
 close-ups:
The create is from another card, I created a pocket and stuck this cross-stitch balloon piece inside.
 
 Both these quotes are from project life cards.
When you flip this card to the right:
 close-ups:
The cupcake is a thick sticker, the 'happy birthday' is a sticker made to look like a label maker made it. I also added 'celebrate' in blur sparkly stickers at the top.
  this is another project life card. I added a little washi to the top and bottom
This is the back. I will add a handmade by me to it.

1 comment:

Createology said...

This is really a wonderful Flip Card you have created for your Mother's Birthday. I like how you have used bits and pieces and adapted them to suit your needs. Very Creative...