Friday, June 10, 2016

Another mini flip book

I'm loving these project life flip books. I think it's because of the small size, I'm more used to this size. I made a second one for one of my supervisor's birthday. For this one I doubled my cards, I couldn't find any where I liked both sides.
This is the front:
 The card just had the Hello on it. The letters are kinda sparkly.
When you open it:
 close-ups:
 I love that this quote is by J.K. Rowling, I didn't notice that at first. If you didn't know, I work at a library, so this is perfect. I know the coffee cup washi doesn't really go with the card, but I know she likes coffee and I loved how it turned out.
The bottom card:
 I added the words from something I got in the mail. The dessert person is from a Stampin' up set.
When you flip the above card down:
 close-ups:
 I covered up the banner on this card, it had originally said 'celebrate' and since the card above it says that, I thought it was a bit much. I used some pink script washi and a gold word sticker.
 This is the card. I didn't do anything to it.
When you flip the cupcake card to the left:
 close-ups:
I didn't do anything to this card.
 I added a handmade banner embellishment and a butterfly sticker.
When you flip this card to the right:
close-ups:
The words are from a sticker set. The present is from a chipboard sticker set, I had taken off most of the background to thin it out. The book was not closing very well with dimension, I tried to keep it as flat as possible.
I added the 'Happy birthday' from the same sticker set as the cupcake card above. This cupcake is from a sheet of sticker cupcakes from Hobby Lobby, I added a puffy cherry stickers. I put this card on top of the washi tape to keep the words from being covered. After I had attached all the washi, I thought next time I should have put the washi on and then doubled the cards, it would have made the washi a little stronger.
This washi is from the Target Dollar Spot, I've decided it's not the strongest washi and I shouldn't use it for flip books, at least not to keep the cards together.

Most of these cards are from some birthday project life cards I picked up at a garage sale, they match a chipboard sticker sheet that the present sticker came from. As I said above, I tried to keep it as flat as possible. I don't know if it was the washi or the smaller surface, but this washi did not want to stay. I even used my tape runner to stick some of it down. The other one I used pink washi from JoAnn's and that is very sticky.

I'm thinking of trying a flip book with the larger project life cards next. I just don't like that they don't have any quotes. I also should be packing, I haven't done much of that in the last week. I have one more swap and a flip book I'm making for a friend's birthday, then I don't have any more creative obligations, I'm not planning to sign up for anything until after I move.

No comments: