Monday, June 29, 2009

Baby shower gifts

This weekend I went to my friend, Amanda's baby shower. I bought her a couple cute gifts at Walmart, but I also made her a Survival Kit for New Mothers, and the card below:
I love buttons, I like to buy the mixed button bags at Hobby Lobby, I've been trying to cut back lately, because not only do they have the cool buttons like I used in the card above, they also have a lot of boring ones. The pacifier, bib, rattle and stork are from one of those bags. Across the top I attached a "clothesline" with mini brown brads. On the bottom in the middle is a baby image from a piece of vintage baby wrapping paper I had. I also attached a tag in the corner with the words "Welcome, baby" stamped on it. Inside there is a stamped quote about babies being from heaven.

Survival Kit for New Mothers
I got this idea out of the book The Ultimate Paper Crafts Collection published by Primedia, the projects and ideas in the book came from Papercrafts & Stamp It magazines. I got the idea for the "bag" from here. I attached the black and white floral paper as accents on the front and back of the bag, as well as on the sides. For the handles, I found a piece of pink plastic mesh and attached it with some "studs" I took off of a belt I bought awhile back.
The tag sticking out of the bag says:
The New Mom's Survival Kit
Hershey Hugs - for you and the baby, because you both deserve them.
Clock - to remind you that time will pass by too quickly, enjoy every moment.
Mirror - to remind you that you are important, too.
Marbles - to replace the onew that you will lose.
Rubberband - to remind you that flexibilty is the key.
Lifesavers - to save you from one of those days.
Tissue - to dry those tears, the baby's and yours.
Lollipop - To lick all your problems away.
Eraser - t0 reminde you that every mom makes mistakes.
Puzzle Piece - Because you are an important piece in your child's journey through life.
I didn't have a clock, so I took a chipboard one, added some hands with a brad and layered it on a piece of matboard.
I also took a round mirror and framed it on matboard.

This is a downward view of the front of the bag.

This is the back of the bag.
Also, a question for everyone reading this, or just passing by. I noticed when I uploaded these photos, I'm apparently using 94% of my allotted space for photos. I find that kinda weird, as I have way more photos on my other blogs. Does anyone know if there's a way I can save my pictures on my computer, so they take up less space?



No comments: