Thursday, November 8, 2018

Altered Library Card Pockets

Sometimes I see my groups mirroring the swaps they do. I did an altered library card pocket swap in one group and then another group posted this swap. I've noticed a lot of the members overlap. I decided to sign up for this swap as well. We were supposed to make three altered library card pockets again, with embellished cards. Here's what I made:
 I went more flat this time. I chose some more vintage looking paper for the backgrounds, though the insides of the pockets are a little more vibrant. I made some strips of washi on the pockets, added some die cuts I found on my desk and some stickers.
After mailing them, I realized I was supposed to embellish the cards, so I made three more:
And of course, realized after taking the picture, that the one in the middle is taller. The backgrounds were on my desk. The first one has some flowers cut from a memo sheet and some stickers. The other two just have stickers that went with the pockets.
And here's what I received:
 This was the first envelope I received, I notified the hostess and she made three more for me:
They're very cute, but I'm a little annoyed that she didn't really embellish the cards in the pockets. She basically used journaling cards and stuck some little star gems on the first and the last one and didn't do anything to the middle one.
She still hasn't said she received my cards, even though tracking says they've been delivered, and I feel the cards got delivered too.

No comments: