Monday, March 24, 2014

Peach Swap

I participated in A Swap for All Seasons Peach swap this month. Deb of Garage Sale Gal sent to me, I received my package on Monday, here's what was in it:
 packages for my card/tag, destash, and a card for me
 I love how she found a vintage peach card for me. I love how we all interprete the theme, so our cards/tags come out so different. I love the use of the gold on these.
 I love those little rosettes, I've seen them around, but I don't know how to make them, so I'm tickled she sent me some. I also love how much vintage there is in this packet.

And I sent to Marie of Spun by Me, here's what I sent her:
I didn't think I had a lot of peach materials to work with, and I didn't find much, but when I sat down with what I found, I created the two pieces above. The papers on the tag are scraps, the trim is from a bag of vintage trim that I bought at the Little Pink Studio, the picture is vintage, and the words, I cut out of a vintage children's book.
The card background is part of a scarf I cut up for my fabric book, the frame is from one of my Valentine's Day swaps, the button is vintage, the picture is a piece of clip art.
I LOVE what I created, I think they're beautiful (I wanted to keep them). Here's the destash I sent:
 I found peach to be a hard color to come up with, and most of the stuff I found, I used on my card/tag. I found some leftover fabric, some flowers (with fairies attached), the paper and trim are leftover from the card I made. I found a peachy hankie and one that said Mother (since our theme was peach/mother's day)
 There were a lot of peachy colored tags in my stash, there's some more fabric and paper, some butterfly punches. The buttons are new, I couldn't pass by some buttons at JoAnn Fabrics they other day (I miss buying buttons), and the box was the perfect color, I had to fill it with something.

I admit, I used the bags I got in my yellow stash last month to package some of my items this month.

4 comments:

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

That was fun to use peach for the card, tag and destash! I had to be creative! LOL!
I didn't think I had "peach" in my "stashes"!
warmly,
deb

Linda said...

Great stuff!

JansArtyJunk said...

What lovely peach goodies both given and received...wonderful swap!!

Createology said...

I enjoyed the Peach swap and now must get busy with the Love and White/Ivory swap. Always behind...
Wendy Thank You. I received one of your Pink Black Bling ATCs and it is lovely. Creative Bliss...