Sunday, May 22, 2011

Altered Bottle

First let me warn you, I'm going to have at least 3 posts on here soon, I have 3 different things to post and since I am so bad at arranging pictures, I figured it was easier to do them separately.
So, first things first, this is about the close-up picture I posted the other day.
It started out as a plain brown bottle measuring 7.5 " tall by 3" wide by 2" deep. It looked like this:
Then I decided to apply dictionary pages to it:

And it sat covered in paper for a couple months.

Next I painted it with a watered down moss green acrylic paint, and brushed Pearl Ex turqouise powder over the top and sealed it with Mod Podge. I then hot glued crushed shells to the top around the lip of it. Next I hot glued a piece of lace around it and added a couple buttons.

Here's what it looks like now:

And the back:

It looks more blue in the pictures, in real life it looks more aqua colored.

No comments: