Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Flip Book

I finished my first flip book the other day:
I started by gluing some 6x6 paper back to back, bright and patterned paper aren't really my thing, but that's what I had.
I used a flowery green washi tape for the edges, I used some very thin chevron tape to frame each page (until I ran out further in and used diagonal tape) The top piece is lined like notebook paper and raised on foam tape. The letters are puffy. The banner at the bottom is from a canvas frame. The pocket in the corner has a chipboard flower sticker and some paper clips in the pocket.
This is the first flip:
close-ups:
On the left, is a library pocket covered with purple striped paper, a purple paper flower with a gem center and a crocheted flower with buttons. The top of the pocket has purple velvet ribbon. The birdhouse piece on the side was a bookmark. There is a tag, a bookmark and a journaling spot in the pocket.
This one has a journaling spot with a paper pieced ladybug, this piece opens up.
Second flip:
Closeups:
This is the middle piece, this square flips up, the Be Happy is from a post it notebook, the bug is a rub on.
This is the right side, there are some die cuts in the envelope, they are pieces that go with the background papers. There is a little layering on the top, and an acetate butterfly on the bottom.

It's a very primitive flip book. I'm hoping to make more sophisticated ones in the future. I picked up some 6x6 paper that is more my taste yesterday, so hopefully that will help make them easier.

1 comment:

Createology said...

I am liking your little Flip Book. It looks like a lot of fun to create and share with others. Maybe I will try this later this year as right now I have no creative time for playing with paper and ephemera. Spring Sunshine Smiles Dear...