Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Vintage Stocking Swap

I signed up for a Vintage Stocking Swap. We were to make a stocking and fill it with goodies. My partner was Lynn of Life on the Wiennee Ranch. Check out her blog.
Here's my stocking:
I hand stitched it all, I had a ton of fun making it. The background is from a vintage kitchen towel, the doily was found at an antique mall along with the top trim. The beige circle in the middle of the doily is a vintage clip on earring. I also added a piece of ribbon to hang it, after I scanned it.

The bundled trim, is what I used on the top of the stocking.

The doily is the one on the stocking.

I sent my partner the doll.

I also sent her the owl on the bell. My original thought was to send the whole bell, but as I was wrapping it, I found it was glued on crapily and it popped off, I thought it was cuter without the bell anyway.

I sent her these vintage paper Valentines, she said she collected them.

I sent her everything in this picture.

The striped towel is what I used for the background on the stocking.


I have such a horrible time of taking pictures of everything I send in swaps, so I'm sure there's more than I have listed here. I also included some chocolate. My partner said she sent my package yesterday, so I will post when I get it.


I had so much fun with this swap.

1 comment:

Jessica Rodarte said...

Pretty stocking and lovely goodies to go along with it!