Friday, October 21, 2011

Button swap

I signed up to do a button swap through the blog, Button Floozies. My partner was Victoria of Things I learn from Bear. We had to decorate an Altoids tin and fill it with buttons and send it off to our partner. Here's what I sent her:
The top is decorated with some metallic papers. Starting in the lower left hand corner and going diagonally up, here are the embellishments: a metallic fabric flower with a faux pearl flower in the middle; a coppery/fabricy flower with faux pearl beads in the middle; and a flower pin that I trimmed the back off of.


My favorite thing to do lately is cover things in dictionary paper, so that's what I did with the sides and the bottom of the tin.


I just looked through my pictures and realized I never took a picture of the buttons I sent Victoria, oops.


Here's what I got from Victoria:


A beautiful button necklace with a nice orange flower, and my Altoids tin. I believe she decorated it with popourri, it smells so nice.

And here are the buttons I got


These are my favorite buttons:


I love the green ones, cause they're green, love the sparkly ones cause they're sparkly. The big one in the front is my favorite, its some kind of plastic that's been worn on the light parts. The bigger metal one is really heavy.

Thank you Victoria.


Check out other tins and buttons from this swap here.

6 comments:

DeeDee said...

Oh you got such a lovely little tin.. and I love the one you sent out too... thanks for joining my blog.. ihope to be posting away again real soon.. I am born and raised in Iowa... off to check out your place...

Ann said...

Your tin is beautiful. And, you got a wonderful one in return, too. Aren't dictionary pages just the bee's knees for decorating things. Good job!

Neabear said...

What a fun swap to do. I thought about doing it and realized I didn't have enough time to really work on it. Maybe another time. The somewhat worn button reminds me of a turtle shell. I thought that is what it was supposed to look like. Such nice buttons you got!

~Linnea

Laurie said...

Wow -- you gave and received wonderful buttons and tins! And that necklace!! Lucky you!

Becs said...

What a great button necklace! Love the tin! Wasn't it a ton of fun!!! Can't wait for the next one. BEcs

Sherry said...

It was such a great swap (although I haven't got my return tin yet) - your is lovely, great idea using dictionary text too. Love what you received too.

Thanks for your visit to my blog too x