Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Almost Done

I think I'm almost done with this piece. I was at a standstill after posting the last pictures of this piece, so I showed it to my mother and she suggested dividing it up into segments. We both liked the 3 segments over 4 segments. I think the paper I used for the divisions works well as it has the blue of the background and the black that makes the divisions stand out. I also added the "seahorse" in the bottom left hand corner. This image was taken out of some promotional material book from an art college. There's also some blue sand at the bottom of the left hand corner segment, and the new swirl in the right segment. I am kinda bummed that it didn't come out cleaner, but now it's too late for that. I'm trying to add more texture because the piece is way too flat for my tastes, but I don't want to add too much. I like the subtle texture of the layered paper, but I'm not totally satisfied.
What do other people think? Any comments are appreciated.

No comments: