Sunday, April 20, 2014

Easter Baskets

I keep seeing people decorating peat pots, so I bought some to alter. Of course, I picked up the tiniest size, so when I started to fill some of them, I couldn't get very much in them.
Here they all are:
I had originally thought I'd color them, and add trim on the top and go from there, I love how my finished products never seem to turn out like I plan them. I also used vintage pipe cleaners for the handles. I loved the idea of making them all different bright colors, so I did.
Green:
 This is covered with some green mulberry paper, I just painted yellow dots on top of it. I love the simplicity of it.
White:
 Also covered in mulberry paper, there is a vintage piece of trim around the middle with a paper flower on the front,
 and buttons glued onto the sides and back. I used a white pipe cleaner for the handle, unfortunately it's quite a bit shorter than the rest of the handles. I've decided to give this one to my mother, so I put a chocolate in it and a vintage wooden bunny. I'm not sure what else will go in it.
Yellow:
 This one is covered in mulberry paper and then I added a sun fabric to it. You can't tell from the picture, but it is quite sparkly.
Orange:
 This one turned into a steampunky basket. I had an old clock face that I glued to it. The trim is a burlap ribbon with a chain glued on top. The blue gear is from a sheet of steampunk butterflies by Jolees.
The gears on the sides are from a multi-pack I bought at Micheals, they have blue gems glued in the middle. The bottom one is from the same sticker sheet as the other blue one. I used some wire for the handle. I think this might be my favorite, I'm keeping it.
Purple:
Also covered in mulberry paper, I added a sparkly silver wizard to the front,
and some gems around the sides and back. I used a pink pipe cleaner for the handle. This one is for a friend.
Pink:
Covered in mulberry paper, I couldn't find anything I liked for decoration, after painting the green one, I added a blue stripe to this one and added gems to it. It has a green pipe cleaner for the handle.
Blue:
This is the one that started it all. My friend said she'd never gotten an Easter basket before, so I said I'd make/fill one for her. This one is covered in a blue napkin,
And covered in lizards. I filled it with a chocolate, a monster finger puppet, some lip balm, a tiny dragon and a coupon for ice cream.

I have two others that aren't quite done yet, and I have no idea what I'm doing with them, or the green, pink and yellow ones.

No comments: