Monday, December 22, 2008

Offroadin'

So, here's my finished project for my boyfriend:
In the background I have a 12" by 12" sheet of scrapbooking paper that looks like someone drove through mud. In the left hand corner is a picture of Kevin (my boyfriend) when he's off-roading in between some trees, to that picture I added some paper to extend the trees off the original picture. In the middle I have a piece of rubber that may have come off a tire, I painted that with some "mud" and attached another picture of Kevin on top of it. In the left hand bottom corner I have a jeep toy that I found in HummingbirdEyes's Etsy shop. Above that I have the Kevin's initials. In the bottom right corner I have a "license plate" that I bought at a scrapbooking store. I busted that up with a hammer, rubbed it with a metal file and painted it with "mud", I also "screwed" it on with metal brads from skybluepink. Above that I have the word "muddin", the letters are out of a chipboard set, that I painted black and then added the "mud" on top of. Everything has been painted/spattered with the "mud" for a cohesive look. It's all mounted on a 12" by 12" artist canvas I bought at Hobby Lobby.

No comments: