Thursday, November 29, 2012

Handmade Stockings

In my last post I mentioned some stockings I had made, here they are.
This first one started out as a crazy quilt piece I bought in August:
 Here's the stocking, I had to add the bright piece at the bottom because the blue was disintigrating:
 This second one is made out of a piece of sheer fabric I got from a co-worker, the top trim is a different piece of sheer fabric folded over, and some green velvet ribbon on the top. The sparkly piece on the front is a sticker I got in a swap, I tacked it down with some embroidery thread.
 This last one started out as a scarf. The heart doily and white trim at the top are from garage sales. The beads at the top are actually part of a necklace, I thought they colors went great with the colors on the scarf. Today, I added a cream piece of ribbon for a hanger.
These are all now hanging in my living room doorway, until I figure out what to do with them. I guess I could always keep them for another stocking swap.

No comments: