Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Fall in love with buttons swap

I joined the Fall In Love With Buttons Altered Tin Swap again this year. Yesterday when I got home from work, I found my package waiting for me:
 You can see the two extra items she made for me: a tie necklace with a button in the middle, and the card, she actually sewed all of those tiny buttons on to it.
Here's what she said about the tin: "I covered the tin with a button card. I had this one that featured a man and it was not in good condition so I decided to cover it with a 'suit coat' utilizing the buttons on the card for the shirt buttons. I didn't feel too guilty 'transforming' it."
And here's the buttons she sent me:
 "The black button and the black acorn shaped I got when I bought a traveling salesman's sample box at a flea market. The four tan with blue stripes, I bought a huge jar of buttons at a flea market for $80, I think they are from Czechoslovakia."

And here's what I created for her:
Last year, my tin was pretty flat, this year I found this floral stick with the pumpkin, acorn and leaves on it, I thought they would be perfect for the tin. You can kinda see the Halloween ribbon I attached to the sides. The top is covered with dictionary paper, as is the bottom.
And I realized I don't have a picture of the buttons I sent her, but she like them.

No comments: