Saturday, August 4, 2012

Cake Swap

I joined the Merry Unbirthday Cake Swap and heard that my partner received her cake, here's what I sent her:
 She said she liked brights, and flowers. So I covered the box with green tissue paper and the top with tons of different flowers. Some are buttons, some are beads, some are silk, some are paper, there's a couple gems in there as well. I had the hardest time figuring out how to decorate the top, you can see the circles of paper under some of the flowers. The dragonflies are buttons that I clipped off the shanks and colored with alcohol ink.
Here's a look at the side:
 I ran ribbon around the cake, and adorned it with gems.
Here's what I sent her:
More flowers, the red ones are pins, the yellow one is to top a package, the tealish one is a magnet. She also said she liked whimsical doo-dads, I had a hard time figuring out what that meant, but I hope I did well. There's gems, some F tags (her name is Frances), some ribbon, tiny canvas tags, ribbon, and some birthday cake stickers.

I also added a Happy Birthday necklace in the box.

Here's her blog, go there to see what she sent me, and her pictures of the stuff I sent her.

1 comment:

Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

How fun! Your swap partner must have been thrilled with that whimsical cake! Thanks so much for stopping by, Wendy!