Sunday, October 8, 2017

Halloween pocket letter

I signed up for a few Halloween pocket letters in my facebook group.
 I wanted it every card to be separate but also connected, so I cut three white cards, three green cards and three orange cards. Most of them came from Hobby Lobby, the top left card was from a swap. I also used three different washi tapes on the cards.
First row, first card: the Frankenstein is from a swap. Second card: the bat is from my stash, the boo is from a swap. Third card: the Day of the Dead bride is from JoAnn's.
Second row, first card: the ghost is from JoAnn's, the skeleton is from my stash. Second card: the candy is from my stash, the mummy and ghost are from Dollar Tree. Third card: all the stickers are from my stash.
Third row, first card: the jar is from Hobby Lobby, the gravestone is from my stash. Second card: the Frankenstein is from a swap. Third card: the spider is from my stash, both ghosts are from Walmart, the mouse is from the Dollar Tree.
I alternated putting things on the actual cards and the outside of the pockets. Some of the elements were more 3D than others, so I put those on the outside.
The goodies:
 I always try to include some of the stuff I've used on the front, so I included a lot of stickers. The box of stickers is from Dollar Tree. The sequin mix is from another swap. The adhesive sequins are from Hobby Lobby. The washi is from Dollar Tree, Target and Hobby Lobby.
Here's what my partner made:
Here's another one I made:
 I really like how this one turned out. The skull is on the outside of the pocket letter, I got it from a book we withdrew from the library. I put black cardstock as the background paper. I liked the whole simplistic look of the black background, but I also thought it needed some embellishments, so I added more black stuff. The foam bats at the top are from Walmart. The bling are from a swap, the blingy cat is from a swap. The spider web, 'boo' 'halloween' and 'spooky' are die cuts from a swap. The bat is also from a swap.
The goodies:
I continued the black theme with my goodies. The bats I used on the front. I liked the skull pin from Dollar Tree, the box of stickers is also from Dollar Tree. I don't have just black halloween washi, so I put in black and white mostly from Target. There is a bicycle paper clip, a speech bubble paper clip and a regular black paper clip. I also included some black buttons, some black glitter and black glitter spiders.
Here's what my partner sent:
 Again, I love the shaker on the bottom left. I love that little skeleton guy in the middle and the pom pom spiders on the bottom right.
The back:
 Sadly, there's no letter in it, so technically it's not a pocket letter.
The goodies"

No comments: