Tuesday, March 6, 2018

St Patrick's Day Loaded Bag

I had originally asked on one of my Facebook groups about doing a St. Patrick's Day/green loaded envelope. One of the hostesses saw my post and created an event. Here's what I made:
 I covered the background with some clover paper (Hobby Lobby), I covered the bottom pocket with some green paper, I was looking for something less busy for a background. I added a sparkly clover to the top (Dollar Tree). The 'Happy St. Patrick's Day' piece is actually the top of a pick (local gift store) that you'd put in with your flowers. I added some iridescent clovers (Dollar Tree garland) underneath it. I added the felt clover (Hobby Lobby) to the corner. I also added a clover paper clip (swap).
Back:
 I added this big tag (swap) because he just looked so cute and fit perfectly on the bag. I added a clover gem (Hobby Lobby) to cover up the hole that the ribbon was in. The bottom has some more St Patrick's Day paper (Hobby Lobby), I was going to add some 'gold coins' to it, but I couldn't find them at the time.
Here's how I packaged it up:
 I made a wand with some cardstock paper (my stash), a sparkly clover (Dollar Tree), and a 'Kiss me I'm Irish (local gift store) piece from another flower pick. I added a bunch of stickers, some tags, some green and gold trim, some mint chocolate (we had to add a green treat), a pen, and other things I didn't take a picture of. As I was loading it, I realized I didn't have a lot of green things.
All ready to go:
 I wrapped it up in some green tissue paper and added some washi, ribbon and flower soft to the package. I also added some more of those sparkly clovers, clover gems and iridescent clovers to the box. I believe when it gets to my partner, all this will be in a corner.
I wanted to cover up the outside of the box and found some green iridescent duct tape. I may have gone a little overboard:
But, who wouldn't be excited to get this in the mail?
Here's what I received from my partner:
 And everything in it:
I will say I'm a little bummed about it. I had originally posted on the facebook group looking for someone to swap a St. Patrick's Day/green loaded bag and one of the admins said she'd start an event for one, so I signed up for that instead. I guess I was looking for more green crafting things, less St. Patrick's day items, but I did sign up for it, so I'm happy that my partner put so much effort in it.

No comments: