Friday, April 18, 2014

Birthday presents

OK, first I apologize for not posting on here much. I found a few pics just sitting on my phone waiting for me to upload them to the computer, edit and post them, so I'm scheduling some posts until I run out of pictures.
Today's post: My friend's birthday gifts. Her birthday was March 28th (I told you these have been sitting around awhile). Red and black are her favorite colors. I had given her a carton of ice cream earlier in the week, but I had a card for her actual birthday and I wanted to create/alter something for her, so I altered a box with red and black.
 I covered the box with red mulberry paper, added sparkly black ribbon to the top and bottom, clear gems to the sides of the front, red buttons, and a black rose button to the front
 More red buttons
 And more
 And more.
Here's the card I made for her:
 ribbon makes up the stems, the leaves are cut from washi tap, the flowers are all embellishments picked up from Hobby Lobby.
Here's a card I created for anothe friend who had a birthday earlier in March:
I had just bought a ton of brightly colored buttons from Jo-Ann's and thought I should use them in some way. The petals are washi tape, the stems and grass are tissue paper.

No comments: