Monday, March 22, 2021

Embellishment Box

I'm trying my hand at embellishment boxes, I love the idea of them, but I'm not really good at making them. I like getting them. For this first one, I had to have at least 2 spaces filled with handmade things. Here's the top:
I always seem to gravitate towards lace and shabby chic stuff. Covered it with the green/white trim, it's actually two pieces with the pink/white trim covering the seam. I added a flower with some random leaf trim and a pink pearl in the middle, I also added some tiny pearls around the edge.
 I also had to decorate the lid inside:
Which I forgot, and had to reopen the package and finish it. I just added some swan paper with spring stickers and a 'Hello Spring' piece.
All the stuff I put in them:

Some rubbery embellishments, gems, resin pieces, mini bows, lace, sequins, shaker pieces, I made the round pieces and the pieces with butterflies and hearts. I'm not good at embellishments either. Maybe I'm really not that great at making things.
I altered an 'egg carton' to make an embellishment  box for a friend. It started out as a container for Cosmic Candy Hatchimals, a 12-pack. It was clear on the top and I wanted to make it more flat looking on top, also it was very bright pink on the top and bright purple on the bottom. Here's what the top looks like:
I covered it with a double layer of a vintage dresser scarf, using some green daisy trim to cover the raw edges. I added a bunny ribbon and a wooden chick piece on the top.
The inside:
I wish the dividers were a little taller, I was originally going to mail this, but no way would the stuff stay in it's individual spots. I sent chenille chicks, a couple glass bottles filled with tiny paper butterfly punches and tiny clay flower pieces, some wooden buttons, some shaped paperclips, bunny erasers, an egg ornament, some resin egg pieces, mini pom poms, a Jack Skellington and Sally Tsum Tsums, some washi, stickers, and some butterfly brads. 
The bottom:
I covered it in an olive green scarf and covered the edges with a random trim.
I kinda think I may have made with worse adding the trim over the raw edges. I added a 'hinge' of the olive fabric to cover the original hinges, I couldn't figure out how to cover them.

No comments: