Sunday, May 10, 2020

Margarete Miller challenge

I learned about a collage challenge last week. It's a weekly thing, but since they're already on week 20 (tomorrow), I'm doing one every day until I catch up. There's a list of 5 things you have to have in your collage, and a bonus that you can substitute for one of the five items if you can't find it, and you're supposed to do it in a journal.
I'm not that great at following directions, years ago when mom and I would go to Stampin' Up parties, there'd be step by step instructions to make a card, I never followed the instructions.
Without further ado. Week 1:
#2020c01
Something that represents time (clock), Something that blows in the wind  (feather), Thread(s) or a piece of fabric (yellow fabric), An animal (bat), Something out of the recycle bin (round piece from an envelope), Bonus: A postage stamp (tiger at bottom).
Week 2 #2020c02
 Something with pink (girl), Sheet music or a portion of (at top), A clothing tag (mother), A list (clocks repaired), Text from a book page, Bonus: Rubber stamping in 2 colors (dream).
Week 3 #2020c03
 A bug or insect (bee and snail), A key (washi), A sequence of numbers, "Ink" whatever that means to you (I inked up the green under the quote), A quote, Bonus: Something in black and white (sugar skull).
Week 4 #2020c04
 A playing card, either side (flowers and Rio card), A group of three (ice cream jewels), Something with a bumpy surface (heart), Something that splashes (fish), Buttons--real, drawn or stamped (mother of pearl ones in flowers), Bonus: A person.
Week 5 #2020c05
 A path or a road, Something cold (snowflakes), A favorite word (hope), A piece of calendar, Paper with a repeating pattern, Bonus: An illustration (bird).
Week 6 #2020c06
Something ornate (the pink circles), A piece of dictionary page (in the window), Something that turns or spins (Ferris wheel), Something that starts with the letter C (coupon), A form or portion--blank or filled, Bonus: Something you see through a window (tree).
I accidentally wrote down something you see through and then realized it was something you see through a window. I was so excited to use the window die cut and then later to realize I didn't need it.

My backgrounds are tags. In my mail groups, people make their own envelopes a lot of the time and they are made out of some really nice paper. I usually cut up the front removing the stamps and return address labels and sometimes the deliver to labels for my mail journals. I try to cut off the backs and save them. I finally used them to make tags.

No comments: