Monday, November 4, 2019

Altered notebook

I went with kind of a shabby chic theme. I had this package of paper I had bought awhile ago that I wanted to use. We had to cover both the front and back covers. I had to decorate and embellish the front cover. There had to be some kind of closure. I had to include 3 tabs and two pockets.
The spine:
 I covered it with some blue lace I had.
The front:
 This paper is the from the paper pack. I added some beige lace and wrapped the blue seam binding around the whole book. The sticker at the top is from the same paper pack. I added the lace leafy piece and the lacy flower. I also added the blue lace on the bottom of the cover.
Inside cover:
 The blue paper and the round piece were also from the paper pack. I didn't have enough papers in the paper pack to cover all the pages I needed, so I had to add a couple. The flower paper is from a Paris themed paper pad. I added some sticky notes to the inside of the cover, and some planner stickers in the pocket. The first tab is on the right page
 And the back of that page, I used some label die cuts I got from Tuesday morning. The tutorial I watched on YouTube stamped images every so many pages, I liked that idea, so I did, too.
My other addition to the pages was some washi tape every so often:
My second tab page:
 This was actually put in last. I thought I only had to have two tabs and then I noticed I had to have three, so I had to color the last two label die cuts I had. I went over this one with a blue gel marker. The bird page is layered on top of a grey and white striped paper.
 The back was from the paper pack. I went over this tab with a gold gel pen. You can also see another stamped image on the right.
 My last tab. This paper is from the paper pack.
 And the back was from another paper pad.
 Some more washi.
 Another stamped image.
Back cover:
 I used a scrap of paper for this pocket, added some marbled paper and a clear sticker on top. I added some frames from the paper pack.
This is the back cover, you can see the lace and seam binding from the front with matching paper as the front.
I really like how it turned out. It was a fun swap, but kind of expensive to mail, so I probably won't be doing one in the future, unless it's part of another swap.

No comments: