Wednesday, December 26, 2018

Christmas gift exchange

I signed up for a swap where we basically created something for the other person. I made a little Christmas book. I had these mini file folders, or I thought they were file folders, turns out they were just inserts. I used them anyway. I put them together like a book.

 The front is a card that I trimmed down and then of course was too small, so I added some washi to the sides.
 I had the background papers from a kit, so I just went through and added them where I thought they looked good. The first page has a red spot background, I added a strip of gold paper and a stripe of red/green plaid. The tag was cut from another card. The right page has a holly background, it has images of Christmas trees and Santa on it as well. I added a foam ornament I'd made along with some foam penguin stickers.
 The left page has gold paper as the background. I fussy cut some trees out of another paper and layered them on. The right page has some sticky notes and snowflake stickers.
 Left page has snowflake paper with a strip of green/red plaid. I made a belly band with the red spot paper and put in some stickers. Right page has a background that says snow. I fussy cut the poinsettias from another paper.
 Left side has gold paper background, with a strip of the holly/Santa paper. The December is a sticker from a planner pack, I trimmed the ornaments off of it and added them to the bottom. The Santa hat was from a swap. Right page has red spot background with some vintage pom pom trim and a journaling card.
What I received in return:
 It came in this cute stocking. Here's what was in the stocking:
 And in the packages. The paper bag on the top left:
 handmade bows and rosettes.
Next bag:
 A selection of die cuts.
The unicorn bag:
 It had a couple unicorn shaped paper clips holding the straws to it. It was filled with stickers and sticky notes.
The bag on the bottom left:
 A bunch of trims.
The middle bag:
 Trims, washi, cork pieces.
The large package:
 It was an altered notebook. There was a pocket inside holding these items:
I like it. It was a bunch of stuff I like, which doesn't always happen.

No comments: